My guest is Miss Aurra from Harare, Zimbabwe. I got to know her at the beginning of 2020, when I visited Zimbabwe to research the possibilities and the use of Bitcoin in the country. In May 2020 we started a donation campaign for the school that Miss Aurra is leading. It had to be closed down due to Covid and the school lost its building. We are discussing the difficult living situation in Zimbabwe and how Bitcoin has been helping through your donations.
- Who is Miss Aurra?
- Living conditions
- Economical situation in Zimbabwe
- Problems in getting money in and out of the country
- The use of bitcoin in Zimbabwe
- Bitcoin’s volatility
- The effects of donations
- What one donor did
- Workshop about Bitcoin with teachers
- Reaction of people knowing about Bitcoin
- Government, Bitcoin and free speech
Donate for St. Anne’s School
Support the podcast
ShownotesRecording Date: April 13, 2021