June 9, 2021 a historical moment for Bitcoin. The first country of the world, El Salvador, made Bitcoin officially legal tender. Michael Peterson initiated Bitcoin Beach in El Zonte and started this whole development. I spoke with him two weeks before, he said, he is expecting a country to adopt Bitcoin, but we didn’t know, that it will happen so soon. Listen to the story of Bitcoin Beach and the people of El Salvador.
- Michael Peterson’s Bitcoin story
- What is Bitcoin Beach?
- Description of El Salvador
- Living conditions, financial problems
- How Bitcoin makes a difference
- Which wallets and services people are using
- Use cases and hurdles?
- How people navigate volatility
- What Bitcoin enables
- Is there a circular bitcoin economy?
- Goal of Bitcoin Beach 2021 and beyond?
Support the podcast
ShownotesRecording Date: May 24, 2021