Nicolas Dorier is a decentralized systems software developer and open-source advocate. He has been active in the Bitcoin community since 2014 and has contributed to several Bitcoin projects, including Bitcoin Core, before founding BTCPayServer, an open-source payment processor used by thousands of merchants globally. He is also the co-founder of METACO, a provider of security-critical infrastructure for financial institutions.
- Nicolas’ background as a Bitcoin and open-source advocate
- Why he founded BTCPayserver
- The features for merchants using BTCPay
- BTCPay as a donation tool
- Business model of BTCPay, paying developers
- His learnings while developing BTCPay
- Life and Bitcoin in Japan
- Bitcoin replacing cash?
- Streaming money with Sphinx chat and integration of podcasts
- How to convert Bitcoin to Fiat without selling
- Discreet log contracts
- METACO working with central banks and altcoins
This is lies, my trust in you is broken, I will make you obsolete
— Nicolas Dorier (@NicolasDorier) August 18, 2017
“This is lies, my trust in you is broken, I will make you obsolete.” Nicolas’ famous words towards the centralized services of BitPay that were the beginning of working on BTCPayServer.
Ask a question
Support the podcast
ShownotesRecording Date: December 1, 2020